The Municipality of Anchorage commissioned the Interact Business Group, to conduct research on several key issues related to the training of public safety and industry service personnel. This report evaluates options and recommends the best and most practical course of action for providing required training activities for the Arctic Public Safety Training Institute (ArcticPSTI). The Municipality of Anchorage Fire and Police Departments have teamed with several other local, state, federal and non-profit agencies and is known as the Arctic Public Safety Training Institute Coalition. Their mission is to develop a public safety training center in the Anchorage area.
- IBG answered four questions in order to meet the expressed objectives of this report.
- What are the training needs of the Coalition Agencies?
- What training facilities do the Coalition Agencies need to meet their training demands?
- What are the cost factors and logistical advantages of creating a dedicated training facility that would meet the Coalition Agencies’ near- and long-term needs?
- What are the cost factors and revenue potential of offering training classes to outside public agencies and industries?